Guodian Qingjiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Qingjiang power station (国电清江电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Guizhou Province.
Background on Project
China Guodian proposed a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW in Guizhou Province. The plant was scheduled to be completed in 2014. However, in 2013 Hong Jinzhou, deputy governor of Qiandongnan Prefecture and deputy mayor of the city of Kaili, became embroiled in a corruption investigation. Among other claims, he was accused of bribing Liu Tienan, bureau chief of the National Energy Administration, with 1,000,000 RMB in hopes of attaining government approval for construction of the Qingjiang power station. Development of the plant has been delayed as a result, and the project appears to be cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.583, 107.982 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,640 MW (Units 1-4: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "受贿后少量上交纪委 贵州凯里市长落马牵出官场窝案 ,", 东方早报, 8/13/2013
- "贵州黔东南州副州长因向刘铁男行贿逾百万被查,", 腾讯新闻, 8/12/2013
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017