Guodian Qingzhou cogeneration power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Qingzhou cogeneration power station (国电青州热电联产项目) is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Qingzhou City, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Weifang Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Project
The project was first announced in 2010, but as of December 2017 has yet to receive any permits. It appears to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Gd Power Development Co Ltd
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Qingzhou City, Weifang Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.684, 118.479 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力将合作建设青州热电项目," 中国证券网, 2010-02-22
- "国电电力青州热电项目筹建处成立," qingzhou.gov.cn, 2011-05-19
- "国电电力：2013年度社会责任报告," ifeng.com, 2014-03-25
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017