Guodian Tacheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Guodian Tacheng power station (国电和丰煤电一体化发电项目) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Xinjiang province, China.
The map below shows Tacheng prefecture, the approximate location for the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
In May 2012 China Guodian submitted a feasibility report for a proposed power station of two units of 660 MW each in Tacheng prefecture.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Tiechanggou Town, Tacheng prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 46.75, 82.983333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "和丰2×660MW煤电一体化项目可研报告通过审查," 铁厂沟公司, 2012-05-27
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017