Guodian Tongliao Naiman Menglong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Tongliao Naiman Menglong power station (国电通辽奈曼旗循环经济园区发电项目) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Naiman Banner, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
However, there has been no recent news of the plans, and the project appears to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Naiman Banner, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 42.867, 120.658 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "奈曼蒙龙电厂得到自治区发改委同意开展前期工作," 资讯中心, 2009-02-18
- "重点项目前期工作," 奈曼旗政府网, 2011-12-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017