Guodian Xi'an Weiyang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Xi'an Weiyang power station (国电西安西郊热电厂上大压小项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Weiyang District.
Background on Project
China Guodian is currently building a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 700 MW in Shaanxi Province. The project received its permit from the Environment Protection Ministry of China in 2012, one step away from the final NDRC permit needed before construction.
However, there has been no news on the project since 2012, and no sign of construction. It appears to be cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Shaanxi Power
- Parent company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Hongguang Road, Weiyang District, Xi'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.259758, 108.844022 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "发改委项目审批速度加快钢铁交通等领域成重点", 新浪财经, 2012-05-29
- "关于陕西国电西安西郊热电厂“上大压小”扩建项目工程环境影响报告书的批复", 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2012-07-23
- "关于国电西安西郊热电厂“上大压小”扩建项目环境影响评价执行标准的函", 陕西省环境保护厅, 2011-03-31
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017