Xing’an Meng Youzhong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xing’an Meng Youzhong power station (蒙能科右中发电厂), also known as Guodian Mengneng Higgan Youzhong Power Plant, is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location for the proposed plant in Bayanhushu Town in Horqin Right Middle Banner in Hinggan (Xing’an Meng) Prefecture.
Background on Project
In 2009 China Guodian said it was planning to build a coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,200 MW in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. A pre-feasibility study for a 2 x 660 MW coal plant was approved in 2012.
In 2013 the project's sponsor changed to Inner Mongolia Mining Group and Inner Mongolia Energy Investment Co., starting the permitting process over again. A new EIA was submitted in August 2015.
The project was permitted in 2015.
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Xing’an Meng Youzhong.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Xing’an Meng Youzhong power station Units 1-2 were among the postponed coal-burning units ordered to slow construction through 2020, and also appeared on an updated list of postponed projects released on September 26, 2017.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Project reported as ongoing
However, Planet satellite images show no construction from August 2017 through March 2018.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Energy Invest & Inner Mongolia Mining Group
- Parent company: Inner Mongolia Asset Management Bureau
- Location: Bayanhushu Town, Horqin Right Middle Banner, Hinggan (Xing’an Meng) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.986924, 121.427857 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "兴安盟与内蒙古国电能源投资公司签署合作协议," 兴安日报, 2009-08-10
- "资讯," 中国能源报, 2012年09月03日
- "国电蒙能投公司科右中火电项目获“路条," 中国电力网, 2012年8月28日
- "科右中旗新能源基地建设发展记实," 内蒙古新闻网, 2014-03-27
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅关于内蒙古能源发电投资集团有限公司右中发电厂2X660MW超超临界空冷机组新建工程建设项目环境影响评价文件受理情况的公示," 环境保护厅, 2015-08-31
- "内蒙古自治区发展和改革委员会关于内蒙古能源发电投资集团有限公司科右中发电厂新建工程项目核准的批复," IM DRC, 2015-10-16
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "内蒙古科右中发电厂新建工程2×660MW机组项目房屋建筑工程施工总承包招标公告," April 11, 2017
- "科右中2×66万千瓦电厂项目建设有序推进," China 5e, May 26, 2017
- "蒙能投右中项目部烟囱基础混凝土浇筑正式开始"SEPCOIII (山东电建三公司), 2017-9-13