Guodian Yulin Jingbian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Yulin Jingbian power station (国电榆林靖边煤电一体化项目) was a proposed 6,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Jingbian County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
Background on Project
However, there have been no recent reports on the coal project, and it appears to be cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Shaanxi PowerChina Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Jingbian County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.599, 108.794 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 6,000 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "永泰能源与国电合建电力项目 加快“煤电气”一体化转型," Securities Times, March 7, 2014
- "关于国电榆林煤电一体化项目筹建处国电靖边2×1000兆瓦煤电一体化项目环境影响评价执行标准的函(陕环函〔2011〕65号)," Shaanxi EIA Department, 2011-1-29
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017