Guodian Zhuanghe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Zhuanghe power station (国电电力庄河发电公司) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Zhuanghe City, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province.
Background on Plant
In 2007 Guodian said it was pursuing two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. However, there has been no news since 2007, and the project appears to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: GD Power Development Co Ltd
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group (51%), Beijing Energy Group (34%), Dalian Construction Investment Group (15%)
- Location: Zhuanghe City, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.6759023 , 123.2061971 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力庄河发电厂二期扩建工程公告", 大连新闻网, 2007-03-16
- "国电电力大连庄河发电有限责任公司简介", 中国国电
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017