Guoneng Shanghaimiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guoneng Shanghaimiao power station (神华内蒙古上海庙发电公司) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Guoneng Shanghaimiao. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Project revived
In July 2019, it was reported the project was undergoing environmental assessment, with approval planned within 2019.
The plant received environmental clearance on December 30, 2019.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng
- Parent company: Shenhua Group (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Shanghaimiao Town, Otog Front Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates:38.309587, 106.679378 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "战略地位-鄂托克前旗上海庙经济开发区," shmedz.gov.cn, Jul 25, 2014
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "8×1000MW！上海庙至山东特高压4个配套电源点项目正在建设中," 上海庙经济开发区经济发展局, 2019/7/15
- "上海庙电厂2×100万千瓦机组工程项目获得核准," Sina, 2020年01月02日
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017