HBIS Smederevo steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
HBIS Smederevo steel plant is an integrated steel plant in Radinac, Smederevo, Serbia.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Radinac, Smederevo, Serbia.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Hesteel Group Co., Ltd.
- Intermediate subsidiary: Hebei Iron & Steel Group
- Owner: Serbia Iron & Steel Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: Smederevo Ironworks Ltd.
- Location: Radinac, Smederevo 11300, Serbia
- GPS Coordinates: 44.606332, 20.970066 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1964 (age 55–56)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2200 (BF-BOF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled strip (flat patterned, slit, pickled, pickled slit strip), hot rolled sheet (flat, patterned, pickled sheet), cold rolled (coils, annealed stripe in coils, sheets, slit stripe in coils)
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces (BF), 3 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)
Articles and resources