Hesteel Smederevo steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hesteel Smederevo steel plant is a steel plant in Radinac, Smederevo, Serbia.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Radinac, Smederevo, Serbia.
In August 2020, a protest was held by inhabitants of Smederevo, Serbia against the pollution from Hesteel Smederevo.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Hesteel Group Co., Ltd. (HBIS)
- Intermediate subsidiary: Hebei Iron & Steel Group
- Owner: Serbia Iron & Steel Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: HBIS Smederevo steel plant, Smederevo Ironworks Ltd.
- Location: Radinac, Smederevo 11300, Serbia
- GPS Coordinates: 44.606332, 20.970066 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1964 (age 56–57)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2200 (BOF)
- Iron: >0
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled strip (flat patterned, slit, pickled, pickled slit strip), hot rolled sheet (flat, patterned, pickled sheet), cold rolled (coils, annealed stripe in coils, sheets, slit stripe in coils)
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces (BF) (BF#1 (rebuilt in 2005), BF#5 (rebuilt in 2007)); 3 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)
Articles and resources
- General Information on Plant Facilities, HBIS Serbia, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020
- Protest held in Serbia’s Smederevo against pollution from China-owned steelworks, Igor Todorovic, Balkan Green Energy News, Aug. 24, 2020
- Main Page, HBIS Group Serbia Iron & Steel d.o.o. Beograd], Hesteel Group, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020
- Smederevo, Hesteel Group, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020
- Products, Hesteel Group, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020