Hadong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Korea and coal|
Hadong power station is a 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Hadong County.
Background on Plant
Hadong power station is a 5 x 800 MW coal-fired power station in Gadeok Geumseong, Hadong County. It was commissioned from 1997 to 2009 and is owned by KEPCO.
- Sponsor: Korea Southern Power
- Parent company: KEPCO
- Location: Gadeok Geumseong, Hadong County, South Gyeongsang, South Korea
- Coordinates: 34.952354, 127.819851 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 4,000 (Units 1–8: 500 MW)
- Type: Supercritical (Units 1–6), Ultra-supercritical (Units 7-8)
- Start year: 1997–2009
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Hadong Coal Power Plant South Korea," GEO, accessed May 2020