Haifeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Taiwan and coal|
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Yunlin County, Taiwan.
Formosa Petrochemical Corporation (FPCC) was established in 1992. Primarily in the business of refining crude oil, selling refined petroleum products, and producing and selling olefins (including ethylene, propylene, butadiene, and BTX) from its naphtha cracking operations, FPCC is the first privately-owned refinery and the leading ethylene producer in Taiwan. In addition to its oil refining and naphtha cracking operations, FPCC also provides electricity, steam, and other utilities products generated from its co-generation power plants to the plants within No. 6 Naphtha Cracker Complex.
Other sources reference the Haifeng power station as involving 402 MW (3 x 100 MW, 2 x 52 MW).
- Sponsor: Formosa Petrochemical Corp
- Parent company: Formosa Plastics Group
- Location: Yunlin County, Taiwan
- Coordinates: 23.777644, 120.184462 (approx.)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 321 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 107 MW (start-up in 2000)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 107 MW (start-up in 2000)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 107 MW (start-up in 2000)
Articles and Resources
- "Formosa Plastics Group, Introduction," Formosa Plastics Group, 2018
- "World Electric Power Plants Database," S&P Global - Platts, accessed June 2021 (purchase required)
- "Company Profile," Formosa Petrochemical Corporation, accessed June 21, 2021
- "Thermal Power Generation & Cogeneration System," Formosa Heavy Industries Group, March 18, 2021, accessed June 2021