Hainan LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hainan LNG Terminal (海南洋浦LNG接收站) is an LNG import terminal in Yanpu Economic Development Zone, Danzhou Prefecture, Hainan, China.
- Sponsor: PipeChina Hainan Natural Gas Co., Ltd. 国家管网集团海南天然气有限公司
- Owner: PipeChina 65%; China Energy Group Haikong New Energy Co., Ltd 国家能源集团海控新能源有限公司 35%.
- Parent Company: PipeChina
- Location: Yangpu Economic Development Zone, Danzhou, Hainan, China
- Coordinates: 19.722623, 109.180655 (exact)
- Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2014
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Hainan LNG Terminal is an LNG import terminal in Hainan, China.
In August 2018 CNOOC announced that it planned to expand the terminal's capacity by 1.32 mtpa by October 2018.
In February 9, 2019, the National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipeline Group Co., Ltd. (PipeChina) was established with a major focus on the investment and construction of the long-distance oil and gas pipeline network and storage & peaking facilities, offering fair and open oil and gas pipeline transmission services. 10 existing and under-construction LNG terminals were reportedly transferred or are going to transfer their ownerships to PipeChina. Hainan LNG terminal is one of them.
Articles and resources
- Hainan LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- Qatargas delivers cargo to Hainan LNG terminal LNG World News, August 18, 2014
- "海南LNG顺利接卸首船气"cnooc.com.cn, 2014-08-07
- CNOOC expands Hainan LNG terminal to boost gas sales to trailers, Reuters, Aug. 8, 2018
- "集团简介--国家管网公司". www.pipechina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- ""三桶油"的这十座LNG接收站，或划入国家管网公司". finance.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.