Hankook Steel Beopsu steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hankook Steel Beopsu is an electric steel plant in Beopsu-myeon, Haman-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Beopsu-myeon, Haman-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Hankook Steel Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Hankook Steel Co., Ltd.
- Other language plant name: mandarin plant name (Mandarin)
- Location: 585, Jangbaek-ro, Beopsu-myeon, Haman-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 35.315362, 128.329069 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1960 (age 60–61) (company age, plant construction date unclear)
- Steel products: castings, ingots
- Steel sector end users: shipbuilding, industry, power generation
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 50-tonne electric arc furnace (EAF) (# unknown); 2 10-tonne induction furnace (IF) (unclear how EAF and IFs are distributed between Hankook Steel Gunbuk and Hankook Steel Beopsu)
Articles and resources