Haripur-NGFF Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs from the Haripur gas field to the NGFF at Fenchuganj, Sylhet District, Bangladesh.
- Operator: Jalalabad Gas Transmission & Distribution Systems Limited (JGTDSL)
- Parent Company: Petrobangla
- Current capacity: 62 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 28 mi / 43 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1961
The Natural Gas Fertilizer Factory (NGFF) in Fenchuganj, Sylhot is Bangladesh's oldest urea fertilizer plant, built with Japanese assistance in 1961. It is located in the northeastern part of the country on the Kushiara River.
Articles and resources
- Annual Report, Petrobangla, 2016.
- POLLUTION REDUCTION WITHOUT FORMAL REGULATION: EVIDENCE FROM BANGLADESH, The World Bank, Jan. 1993.
- Historical Background, Karnaphuli Gas Distribution Company Limited, accessed August 2018.