Hasdeo-Arand coal mines
The Hasdeo-Arand coal mines are a 5 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) network of mines on the Hasdeo-Arand coalfield in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Hasdeo-Arand mines, in Korba district, Chhattisgarh state.
Background on Mine
The 5 million ton-per-annum Hasdeo-Arand coal mines is owned by South Eastern Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). The exact location of all of these mines is unclear. There are also other coal mines on the larger Hasdeo-Arand coalfield, such as the private Parsa East-Kete Basan coal mines.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Korba district, Chhattisgarh state, India
- Coordinates: 22.86, 82.31 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 5 MTPA
- Reserves: 5,529 MT
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SECL - Coal Resources/Reserves as per UNFC as on 01.04.2011, CMPDI website, accessed May 2015.
- Key Performance Highlights of SECL in 2012-13, SECL/Ministry of Coal website, accessed May 2015.