Hassan power station
Hassan power station is a proposed 500-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Karnataka, India.
The plant will be located in Dobba Basavanahalli, Dobba Honnenahalli, Kachandyakanahalli and Bustanhalli villages in Hassan district. The map shows the location as listed in the Environmental Clearance.
In 2012 the project was scheduled to be commissioned in 2013-2015, according to the Power Company of Karnataka's website. The project will be executed in two phases, each 500 MW. A draft purchase agreement has been entered into with Power Company of Karnataka (PCKL) for 500 MW. Terms of Reference for two 500 MW units were issued on November 5, 2009. An environmental clearance (EC) for one 500 MW plant was issued on February 17, 2012.
As of 2015 the Power Company of Karnataka's website only lists a 36 MW plant as forthcoming in Hassan district. The 500 MW proposal appears to have been abandoned.
- Unit 1: Cancelled
- Unit 2: Cancelled (the TOR included 2 x 500 MW, but the EC included 1 x 500 MW)
- Unit 1: 500 MW
- Unit 2: 500 MW
Resources and articles
- Power Company of Karnataka, "Karnataka’s Share from Proposed Projects", Power Company of Karnataka website, accessed February 2012.
- "J-13012/64/2009 - IA. II (T)" Terms of Reference (TOR), Ministry of Environment and Forests, November 5, 2009
- "J-13012/64/2009-IA.II (T)" Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, February 17, 2012
- Power Company of Karnataka, "Karnataka’s Share from Proposed Projects", Power Company of Karnataka website, accessed March 2015.