Haynesville Global Access Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Haynesville Global Access Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Louisiana.
- Owner: Tellurian
- Proposed capacity: 2000 Million cubic feet per day
- Length: 200 miles
- Status: Shelved
- Start Year: 2023
- Cost: $1.4 billion
The Haynesville Global Access Pipeline is a proposed pipeline in Louisiana, USA. It will source natural gas from the Haynesville Bossier shale field area in northwestern Louisiana and transport it to Gillis, Louisiana. Gillis is in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, which is a hub for oil and gas infrastructure.
The Haynesville Global Access Pipeline (HGAP) is expected to be a 42-inch diameter, approximately 160-mile interstate pipeline that will interconnect existing pipeline and production facilities in DeSoto Parish to the existing and proposed infrastructure located near Gillis in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana. HGAP is estimated to cost just over $1 billion USD to construct, and will have the capacity to transport up to two billion cubic feet of natural gas per day (bcf/d). Construction is projected to begin in 2022, with an in-service date of mid-2023.
In April 2019, Tellurian announced that it's seeking to secure prospective shippers for the pipeline.
Tellurian listed the proposed length of HGAP as 200 miles in a January 2020 corporate presentation, increasing from the previously reported 160 miles. The cost also increased compared to previous reports, from 1 to 1.4 billion dollars. The diameter of the pipeline remained at 42 inches. The report lists that the "Binding open season [is] complete."
In August 2020, a Tellurian investor presentation, posted on the company's website and filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, disclosed that the Haynesville Global Access Pipeline project was being deferred.
Articles and resources
- Haynesville Global Access Pipeline (HGAP), RBN Energy, accessed October 2018
- National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker, February 28, 2020
- Tellurian (January 2020). "Corporate presentation January 2020" (PDF). cloudfront.net. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Haynesville Global Access Pipeline, Haynesville Global Access Pipeline, accessed October 2018
- Tellurian Announces Binding Open Seasons for the Haynesville Global Access Pipeline and the Delhi Connector Pipeline, Business Wire, April 29, 2019
- Harry Weber,"Tellurian drops three gas pipelines from first phase of US LNG export project", S&P Global Platts, Aug. 12, 2020