Hazaribagh coal mines (CCL)
The Hazaribagh coal mines are a group of opencast and underground coal mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 6.5 million-tonnes-per-annum, in the West Bokaro coalfield, in Jharkhand state, India.
The map below shows the Hazaribagh coal mines in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Hazaribagh Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.798166, 85.586162 (exact)
- Status: operating/proposed
- Capacity: Jharkhand (1MTPA), Kedla mines (1 MTPA), Parej East (1.75 MTPA), Tapin (2.5 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface and underground
- Source of financing:
- Mine: Kendla
- Status: Proposed
- Size of Expansion: 6 MTPA
- Permits and Applications: