Hazira-Ankleshwar Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Hazira-Ankleshwar Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Hazira, Surat to Ankleshwar, Bharuch.
- Operator: Gujarat Gas Company Limited
- Parent Company: Gujarat Gas Company Limited
- Current Capacity: 1.8 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 45 miles / 73 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1999
In November 2018 about 150 farmers from Variyav and nearby villages of Olpad taluka of Surat district staged a protest against ONGC officials for routing the pipeline through their fields.
Articles and resources
- Operating Natural Gas Pipelines in India, PNGRP, Jan. 15, 2016
- Gujarat Gas set for higher bottomline growth, Indian Express, Jun. 21, 1999
- Farmers opposes ONGC’s Hazira-Ankleshwar pipeline through their fields, Incore, Nov. 30, 2018