Hefaistos power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Hefaistos power station is a 250-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Mures County, Romania.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Fântânele, Mures County, Romania.
This project was originally proposed in 2014 by Electrocentrale Bucuresti (ELCEN) and Marubeni. It was revived in 2020 by the consortium of ELCEN, SAPE, and Electrica SA who announced plans in January. They intend to use the site of the dismantled Fântânele plant.
- Sponsor: Electrocentrale Bucureşti SA, Societatea de Administrare a Participaţii în Energie SA (SAPE), Electrica SA
- Parent company: Termoelectrica ; SAPE; Romania, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Other
- Location: Fântânele, Mures County, Romania
- Coordinates: 46.421472, 24.771750
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 250 MW
Articles and Resources
- Marubeni and ELCEN will build a 250 MW gas-fired plant in Romania, Enerdata, Jul 31, 2014
- Three RO investors, mostly state controlled, plan 250MW gas fired power plant, Romania Insider, Jan 14, 2020
- ELECTROCENTRALE BUCURESTI SA (ROMANIA), EMIS, Feb 5, 2021
- Societatea de Administrare a Participațiilor în Energie S.A., Ministerul Energiei, accessed Apr 19 2021
- Structura Acționariatului, Electrica SA, accessed Apr 19, 2021
- Fântânele Gas Power Plant (Shutdown), Industry About, Aug 20, 2015