Hefei-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hefei-2 power station (中外合资合肥第二发电厂), or Hefei United Power station (安徽省合肥联合发电有限公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
An additional 1,320 MW of coal capacity is proposed at the site.
Wikimapia identifies the Hefei-2 plant at this location about 8 km east of Hefei in Feidong County, Hefei Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Background on Plant
The 2 x 350 MW subcritical coal plant was commissioned in 2001. It is owned by Singapore United Energyv (49% of the shares), Anhui Power Generation, China Datang, and Hefei Construction Investment Co. (3 domestic owners together own 51% of the shares). 
On November 21, 2022, it was reported that the Anhui Provincial Development and Reform Commission had issued a pre-approval for the second phase of the Hefei-2 power station. It was reported that the project would be located in Feidong County, Hefei City, and involve two 660 MW ultra-supercritical units. The project was put out for public consultation for five days and presumed permitted that year.
- Owner: Anhui Hefei United Power Generation Co., Ltd. 安徽省合肥联合发电有限公司
- Parent: UNITED POWER CORPORATION (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD 新加坡联合电力（私人）有限公司 49%; Datang Anhui Power Generation Co., Ltd. 27.5%; Anhui Province Energy Group Co., Ltd. 16%; Hefei Construction Investment Co., Ltd. 合肥市建设投资有限公司 7.5%
- Location: Qiaotouji Town, Wangyoufang, Feidong County, Hefei Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.8047, 117.5075 (exact)
- Status: Units 1-2: Operating, Units 3-4:
- Gross capacity: 2020 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW, Units 3&4: 660 MW)
- Type: Units 1-2: Subcritical, Units 3-4: Ultra-supercritical
- In service: Units 1-2: 2001
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ Hefei No2 Power Station, Wikimapia, accessed 2014-11.
- ↑ 安徽合肥联合发电有限公司, Hefei Construction, accessed Oct. 2016
- ↑ 安徽省合肥联合发电有限公司, China Datang.
- ↑ 2×660MW！合肥二电厂二期项目核准前公示, BJX, 2022-11-21