Helvacı power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Helvacı power station is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed for Helvacı village, Çan district, Çanakkale province, Turkey.
The location of the proposed plant is near Helvacı village, Çan district, Çanakkale province.
The EIA for the project was cancelled in November 2018. A representative of the Çan Environmental Association said the cancellation was due to the sponsor's failure to provide all of the necessary information for the EIA process.
- Sponsor: İÇDAŞ Elektrik Enerjisi Üretim ve Yatırım A.Ş.
- Parent company: IC İÇTAŞ Enerji
- Location: Helvacı village, Çan district, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.080, 27.168 (approx)
- Status: Shelved
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 270 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Çanakkale Helvacı Termik Santrali projesinin ÇED toplantısı 29 Eylül'de!, Emlakkulisi , 16 Sept 2016.
- "Çan, hayalet kasabaya dönmek üzere", Çanakkale Olay, Nov. 15, 2018
- Toolkit: Coal Power Generation and Health in Three Regions of Turkey; Çanakkale, İzmİr and Tekİrdağ, Health and environment alliance - Heal, January 2018.