Henderson Station (MS)
From Global Energy Monitor
Henderson Station is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the Greenwood Utilities Commission in Greenwood, Mississippi.
The power station is planned for retirement in May 2018.
- Owner: Greenwood Utilities Commission
- Parent Company: City of Greenwood, MS
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 32.6 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 12.6 MW (1960), 20.0 MW (1967)
- Location: 2107 River Road Ext., Greenwood, MS 38930
- GPS Coordinates: 33.517006, -90.208583
- Electricity Production: 48,631 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 44,697 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 467 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 19.21 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 66 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "Nearly 1.3 GW of coal capacity slated for closure in Mississippi, Florida," Utility Dive, Sept. 27, 2017
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|