Hengam Mapna power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Hengam Mapna power station also known as Hengam Combine Cycle Power Plant is a 614-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of November 21, 2019) in Hormozgan Province, Iran.
The map below shows the location of the power station west of Bandar Abbas (near Tavanir Town), Hormozgan Province, Iran.
In December of 2018, director of the Hengam power project Alireza Nasrollahi told reporters they were "halfway through" and that the "gas unit will come on stream next summer."
As of Nov. 2019, according to MAPNA Special Project Construction Unit, the construction is ongoing.
- Sponsor: MAPNA Power Generation Co.
- Parent company: MAPNA Group
- Location: Bandar Abbas, Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 27.186766, 56.162266 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 614 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-2: 307 MW per unit (to start 2019)
- Steam turbine unite 1: 292 MW (no start date)
Articles and Resources
- MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company (MD-3) Concreting the first part of the Bandar Abbas Plant F Class turbine's foundation was done organizational website, accessed Nov 21, 2019
- Hengam(Bandar Abbas) Plant-F Class organizational website, accessed Nov. 21, 2019
- Work in Progress at Southern Power Plant Financial Tribune, accessed Dec. 15, 2018