Hengam Mapna power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the location of the power station west of Bandar Abbas (near Tavanir Town), Hormozgan Province, Iran.
In December of 2018, director of the Hengam power project Alireza Nasrollahi told reporters they were "halfway through" and that the "gas unit will come on stream next summer."
As of Nov. 2019, according to MAPNA Special Project Construction Unit, the construction is ongoing.
In January 2020, the Financial Tribune reported that the first gas turbine unit was to come online in the February 2020 and the second gas turbine and 292 MW steam unit were to become operational by 2021.
- Sponsor: MAPNA Power Generation Co.
- Parent company: MAPNA Group
- Location: Bandar Abbas, Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 27.186766, 56.162266 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 906 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-2: 307 MW per unit (to start 2020)
- Steam turbine units 1: 292 MW (2021)
Articles and Resources
- MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company (MD-3) Concreting the first part of the Bandar Abbas Plant F Class turbine's foundation was done organizational website, accessed Nov 21, 2019
- https://plus.google.com/113403756129291503583 (2020-01-20). "Power Plant With F-Class Gas Turbine to Be Launched in South Iran". Financial Tribune. Retrieved 2021-06-30.
- Hengam(Bandar Abbas) Plant-F Class organizational website, accessed Nov. 21, 2019
- Work in Progress at Southern Power Plant Financial Tribune, accessed Dec. 15, 2018