Hengda Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Hengda Coal Mine belongs to Fuxin Mining (Group) Co., Ltd. It was put into operation in 1987 with a design production capacity of 1.2 million tons per year. The approved production capacity in 2019 is 1.2 million tons per year.
At 2:35 on November 26, 2014, a major coal dust explosion and combustion accident occurred in Hengda Coal Mine, resulting in 28 deaths and 50 injuries.
- Operator: Fuxin Mining (Group) Co., Ltd. Hengda Coal Mine
- Owner: Liaoning Energy Industry Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Hanjiadian Town, Haizhou District, Fuxin City, Liaoning Province
- GPS Coordinates: 41.929012, 121.613943
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 91.1585 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 9.6399 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Natural Coke (Thermal) 
- Mine Size: 10.8067 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1987