Hengfeng-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hengfeng-2 power station (国电河北衡丰发电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Hengshui Prefecture, right next to Hengshui Hengxing power station. The two power plants share the same predecessor Hengshui power station, which was founded in 1980's and retired in 1990's with two 60MW units.
Background on Plant
Hengfeng-2 power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW. The plant was completed between 1995 and 1996. Its main share holders are Guodian Huabei Power (40%); Hebei Construction Energy Investment Co (35%); China Resources Power Holdings (25%).
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Yuejia Village, Taocheng District, Hengshui Prefecture, Hebei Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.7526565, 115.6012217 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Year built: 1995-96
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Hengfeng-2 Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "河北衡丰发电有限责任公司"China Guodian, 2009-12-30
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017