Hermanowice-Strachocina Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hermanowice-Strachocina Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Poland.
The pipeline runs from Hermanowice, Poland, to Strachocina, Poland.
- Owner: GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 72 km / 44.7 miles
- Diameter: 700 mm
- Cost: PLN 288 million (US$70.5 million)
- Financing: European Regional Development Fund grant of PLN 146 million (US$39.5 million)
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2020
Project of Common Interest
The pipeline is listed as a Project of Common Interest by the European Commission, making it eligible for public funding. The project received a PLN 146 million (US$39.5 million) grant from the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment for the EU's 2014-2020 budgetary period.
The pipeline is part of a proposed network in Eastern Europe meant to improve connectivity between Poland, Hungry, and Slovakia. The other pipelines in the network include: Rozwadów Końskowola Wronów Pipeline, Jarosław Rozwadów Pipeline, Hermanowice Jarosław Pipeline, Rembelszczyzna Wronów Pipeline, Tworóg Tworze Pipeline, Pogórska Wola Tworze Pipeline, Strachocina Pogórska Wola Pipeline, Gustorzyn Wronów Pipeline. The network is listed on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) ten year network development plan as "North - South Gas Corridor in Western Poland" and "TRA-N-245."
Articles and resources
- North – South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland, European Commission, November 2019
- Poland to start Hermanowice-Strachocina gas pipeline construction, O&G Links, Feb. 23, 2017
- Evelin Szőke,Poland lays the groundwork for the North-South Gas Corridor, CEEnergy News, Apr. 24, 2020
- HERMANOWICE-STRACHOCINA GAS PIPELINE, Gaz-System, accessed August 2020
- POLAND LAUNCHES NEW INTERNAL GAS PIPE, Natural Gas World, Apr. 27, 2020
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.