Strachocina-Pogórska-Wola Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Strachocina-Pogórska-Wola Gas Pipeline is a natural gas pipeline under construction in Poland.
The pipeline would run from Strachocina, Poland, to Pogórska Wola, Poland.
- Owner: GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 97 km / 60.27 miles
- Status: Construction
- Diameter: 1,000 mm / 39.37 inch
- Cost: €132.4 million (US$157.4 million)
- Financing: €54.9 million (US$65.2 million) grant from the European Regional Development Fund
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline is listed as a Project of Common Interest by the European Commission, making it eligible for public funding. It is part of a proposed network in Eastern Europe meant to improve connectivity between Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia. The other pipelines in the network include: Rozwadów Końskowola Wronów Pipeline, Jarosaw Rozwadów Pipeline, Hermanowice Jarosław Pipeline, Hermanowice Strachocina Pipeline, Tworóg Tworzen Pipeline, Pogórska Wola Tworzen Pipeline, Rembelszczyzna Wronów Pipeline, Gustorzyn Wronów Pipeline.The commissioning date for the project is 2029.
The network is listed on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) ten year network development plan as "North - South Gas Corridor in Western Poland."
The pipeline entered into construction in 2017 following the awarding of a €54.9 million (US$65.2 million) public money grant from the European Union's European Regional Development Fund.
According to Gaz-System, as of August 2020, construction was planned to be completed in 2021. An April 13 2021 news articles referred to the pipeline as under construction. The project contractor, NDI Energy / NDI SA consortium, stated that the project execution took place from 2017-2020. As of August 2021, however, no indication is apparent that Gaz-System's completed construction or that the pipeline has been commissioned.
Articles and resources
- North – South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland, European Commission, November 2019
- Section of important gas transmission corridor under construction in Poland, European Commission, accessed Nov. 25, 2020
- Strachocina-Pogórska-Wola Gas Pipeline, Gaz-System, accessed August 2020
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.
- "PCI fiche: North-South gas interconnections in Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe" (PDF). European Commission. June 2021. Retrieved August 26, 2021.
- "National Report of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office" (PDF). URE.GOV.PL. July 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2021.
- "GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.: State-of-the art welding techniques will speed up the construction of gas pipelines". en.gaz-system.pl. Retrieved 2021-08-26.
- "Gaz-System zakończył budowę gazociągu Tworóg-Tworzeń". Energetyka24 (in polski). Retrieved 2021-08-26.
- "GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.: Strachocina-Pogórska Wola". en.gaz-system.pl. Retrieved 2021-08-26.