Tworóg-Tworzen Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Tworóg-Tworzen Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Poland.
The pipeline would run from Tworóg, Poland, to Tworzen, Poland.
- Owner: GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 56 km / 34.8 miles
- Diameter: 1000 mm
- Cost: €105.9 million (US$125.9 million)
- Financing: €51.5 million (US$61.2 million) grant from the European Regional Development Fund
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2020
The pipeline is listed as a Project of Common Interest by the European Commission, making it eligible for public funding. It is part of a proposed network in Eastern Europe meant to improve connectivity between Poland, Hungry, and Slovakia. The other pipelines in the network include: Rozwadów Koskowola Wronów Pipeline, Jarosław Rozwadów Pipeline, Hermanowice Jarosław Pipeline, Hermanowice Strachocina Pipeline, Rembelszczyzna Wronów Pipeline, Pogórska Wola Tworzen Pipeline, Strachocina Pogórska Wola Pipeline, Gustorzyn Wronów Pipeline. The network is listed on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) ten year network development plan as "North - South Gas Corridor in Western Poland" and "TRA-N-245."
The pipeline entered into construction in 2018 following the awarding of a €51.5 million (US$61.2 million) public money grant from the European Union's European Regional Development Fund. According to Gaz-System, construction is planned to be completed in 2020.
Articles and resources
- North – South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland, European Commission, November 2019
- Gas pipeline in southern Poland helps build Europe’s internal energy market, European Commission, accessed Nov. 25, 2020
- TWORÓG - TWORZEŃ GAS PIPELINE, Gaz-System, accessed August 2020
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.