Pogórska-Wola-Tworzen Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Pogórska-Wola-Tworzen Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Poland.
The pipeline would run from Pogórsk Wola, Poland, to Tworzen, Poland. Its proposed route goes through the following municipalities: Skrzyszów, Tarnów, Lisia Góra, Dąbrowa Tarnowska, Żabno, Olesno, Gręboszów, Opatowiec, Bejsce, Kazimierza Wielka, Skalbmierz, Pałecznica, Radziemice, Słomniki, Iwanowice, Gołcza, Trzyciąż, Olkusz, Klucze, Bolesław, Sławków, Dąbrowa Górnicza.
- Owner: GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 168 km / 104.4 miles
- Diameter: 1,000 mm / 39 inches
- Cost: €300,567,541 (US$358 million)
- Finance: €145,554,207 grant from the EU's European Regional Development Fund
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline is listed as a Project of Common Interest by the European Commission, making it eligible for public funding. It is part of a proposed network in Eastern Europe meant to improve connectivity between Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia. The other pipelines in the network include: Rozwadów Koskowola Wronów Pipeline, Jarosław Rozwadów Pipeline, Hermanowice Jarosław Pipeline, Hermanowice Strachocina Pipeline, Tworóg Tworzen Pipeline, Rembelszczyzna Wronów Pipeline, Strachocina Pogórska Wola Pipeline, Gustorzyn Wronów Pipeline. The network is listed on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) ten year network development plan as "North - South Gas Corridor in Western Poland" and "TRA-N-245."
The proposal distinguishes three sections: Section I: Pogórska Wola-Pałecznica, Section II: Pałecznica-Braciejówka and Section III: Braciejówka-Tworzeń. Section I runs through the municipalities of Skrzyszów, Tarnów, Lisia Góra, Dąbrowa Tarnowska, Żabno, Olesno, Gręboszów, Opatowiec, Bejsce, Kazimierza Wielka and Skalbmierz. Section II runs through the municipalities of Pałecznica, Radziemice, Słomniki, Iwanowice, Gołcza, Trzyciąż and Olkusz. Section III runs through the municipalities Olkusz, Klucze, Bolesław, Sławków and Dąbrowa Górnicza. Stalprofil S.A. is the contractor for the first two sections while DS-BUD S.A. is responsible for the third.
The design stage for the pipeline was completed in November 2017, Construction began in 2019.
In September 2020, GAZ-SYSTEM announced the Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) crossing the Vistula River had been completed. At that time, completion of the project was expected in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Articles and resources
- North – South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland, European Commission, November 2019
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- "GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.: Pogórska Wola - Tworzeń". en.gaz-system.pl. Retrieved 2021-08-25.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.
- Work on Poland’s Pogórska Wola-Tworzeń gas pipeline advances, European Commission, Aug. 27, 2019
- "GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.: GAZ-SYSTEM HAS SIGNED A SET OF CONTRACTS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF POGÓRSKA WOLA-TWORZEŃ GAS PIPELINE". en.gaz-system.pl. Retrieved 2021-08-25.
- "THE DRILLING UNDER THE VISTULA RIVER AS PART OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NORTH-SOUTH GAS CORRIDOR HAS BEEN COMPLETED". www.gaz-system.pl. September 17, 2020. Retrieved 2021-08-25.