Heze power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Heze power station (国电菏泽电发电公司) is a 1,510-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Mudan District, Heze, Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Mudan District, Heze, Shandong Province, China.
The Heze power station is a power plant providing electricity to the Heze, Shandong area. In 2017, the plant produced around 1.068 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh) of power.
Construction began in 1990 for the first two units; the second phase of the plant (Units 3 and 4) had a total investment of 3.511 billion RMB, with construction beginning in 1998. The third phase (Units 5 and 6) was built jointly by the China Guodian Corporation and Luneng Development Group Co., Ltd., Heze City Investment Company and Heze Tianze Industrial Group Co., Ltd. In 2012, it was reported that the fourth phase of the plant, which would add up to 1490 MW to the power plant, undergoing preliminary work; however, there has been no further reports on this fourth phase of expansion.
In 2018, Units 1 and 2 had their operation permits extended until August 2031 and March 2031, respectively.
- Sponsor: Guodian Shandong Power Co 55%; Heze Investment Development Holding Co (菏泽投资发展控股有限公司) 40.00%; Shandong Tianze Industry Group (山东天泽实业集团有限公司) 5.00%.
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group (55%), Heze Investment Development Holding (40%), Shandong Tianze Industry Group (5%)
- Location: Mudan District, Heze, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.2407, 115.5335 (exact)
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,510 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 125 MW (start-up in 1990)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 125 MW (start-up in 1992)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2003)
- Unit 4: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2003)
- Unit 5: Coal-fired subcritical, 330 MW (start-up in 2006)
- Unit 6: Coal-fired subcritical, 330 MW (start-up in 2006)
- Number of employees: 1468