Himeji LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Himeji LNG Terminal is an LNG import terminal in Kansai, Japan.
- Owner: Osaka Gas
- Location: Himeji, Hyōgo, Kansai, Japan
- Coordinates: 34.763278, 134.693215 (exact)
- Capacity: 13.3 million cubic meters per day (4.854 billion cubic meters per year)
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 1979
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Himeji LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Kansai, Japan.
The Himeji LNG Terminal delivers approximately 2.4 million Nm3/year of natural gas, or about 30% of Osaka Gas’s total supply. In 2004, the terminal began to also operate as an electric power generation facility through the use of LNG cold energy technology.
Articles and resources
- "Osaka Gas Himeji LNG Plant," Industry About, March 2020
- Himeji LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- Plant Achieves CO2 Reduction Using LNG Cold Energy Power Generation, LNG Journal, February 2008