Hohhot Jinshan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hohhot Jinshan power station (蒙能呼和浩特金山热电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 1,320 MW is under development.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Tumed Left (Tumote Zuo) Banner, Hohhot (Huhehaote) Prefecture.
Background on Plant
Hohhot Jinshan power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 600 MW. The plant is owned by Inner Mongolia Asset Management Bureau.
In April 2020, an additional 2 x 660 MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired units were proposed for the power station. Construction is planned for June 2020. The units were permitted for construction in April 2020. Construction began in June 2020.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Energy Generation & Investment Group
- Parent company: Inner Mongolia Asset Management Bureau
- Location: Tumed Left (Tumote Zuo) Banner, Hohhot (Huhehaote) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 40.7075793, 111.4573306 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Construction (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW), 1,320 MW (Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-2), Ultra-supercritical (Units 3-4)
- Start year: 2010 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古自治区发展和改革委员会关于内蒙古能源发电投资集团有限公司呼和浩特金山电厂供热机组工程项目核准的批复," Inner Mongolia DRC, 2015-07-20
- "计划6月开工！金山热电厂2×66万千瓦扩建工程核准请示已上报至内蒙古能源局," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/4/17
- "蒙能集团金山热电厂2×66万千瓦扩建项目获核准," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/4/22
- "金山热电厂2×66万千瓦扩建工程开工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/6/1