Hongyanchi-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hongyanchi-1 power station (国电新疆红雁池发电公司) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo shows the plant in Tianshan District, Ürümqi (Wulumuqi) Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
Guodian was planning to build two additional coal-fired units (Units 12 and 13) at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 660 MW.
The city government of Urumqi decided to restrict use of the Hongyanci lake, limiting the power station's water resource as the drinking water resources for the city. So, no more power plants can be be built in the area. With no reports of further progress since 2010, it appears that Units 12 and 13 have been cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 10-13 Expansion
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Hongyanchi Reservoir, Tianshan District, Ürümqi (Wulumuqi) Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.7280648, 87.6293564 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 10 & 11); Cancelled (Units 12 & 13)
- Gross capacity: Units 10 and 11 (2 x 330 MW), Units 12 and 13 (2 x 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2010 and 2011 (Units 10 & 11)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电新疆红雁池供热二期工程可研报告通过审查 将投29亿元建热电联产机组", 乌鲁木齐晚报, 2009-10-28
- "关于红电-大事记", 中国国电
- "国电新疆红雁池发电有限公司", 中国国电集团公司, 2009-12-29
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "国电新疆红雁池发电有限公司公司简介", 中国国电
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017