Huadian Longkou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Longkou power station (华电龙口发电公司一期) is a 880-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
An additional 1,320 MW has been proposed.
The photo below shows the plant in Yangtai City, Yantai Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Plant
The four existing coal-fired units of Huadian Longkou power station, totaling 880 MW (4 x 220 MW), were brought online between 1984 and 1996. The plant's first two 100 MW units have been retired. The plant is majority-owned by China Huadian.
Description of Expansion
Unit 7 was permitted on September 28, 2016. The unit was reported as 660 MW.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Huadian Longkou Unit 7. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. Unit 8 is therefore also likely shelved.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details for Unit 7 and 8 Expansion
- Sponsor: Shandong Century Electric Development Co
- Parent company: China Huadian (84.31%), Shandong International Trust (7.85%), Weihai Electric Power Development (7.42%), Laixi Foreign Industrial Investment (0.42%)
- Location: Yantai City, Yantai Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.680335, 120.313152 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 7&8: 660MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Shandong," Industcards, accessed November 2014
- 发展清洁能源 提升竞争能力, Longkou.gov.cn, May 12, 2014.
- "华电百年电力四期2×600MW级火电机组工程可行性研究报告审查会召开," 中国发电网, 2014年05月13日
- "关于华电龙口四期1×66万千瓦热电联产项目核准的批复," Shandong DRC, 2016-10-08
- Internal communication from Greenpeace East Asia, January 2017
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017