Huadian Shenqiu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Shenqiu power station (华电沈丘发电项目) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Henan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Shenqiu County, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
In 2014 China Huadian proposed a power station of 2,000 MW in Shenqiu County.
However, there have been no further developments, and plans appear abandoned.
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Henan. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Huadian Power International
- Parent company: China Huadian
- Location: Shenqiu County, Zhoukou Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.411944, 115.098889 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "沈丘县与华电集团战略合作框架协议签约仪式举行," 周口网, 2014年12月22日