Huadian Shiliquan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Shiliquan power station (华电国际十里泉发电公司) is a 1,340-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
An additional 600 MW (Shiliquan-3) has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Shizhong District, Zaozhuang Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Plant
The existing coal-fired units of Shiliquan power station consists of two 300 MW units brought online between 1996 and 1997, and one 140 MW unit. Four 125 MW units were retired in 2008 and subsequently demolished. The plant is owned by China Huadian.
Description of Shiliquan-3 Expansion
Huadian has proposed Shiliquan-3 power station at the same location. A 660 MW unit, unit 1, was approved for construction in 2013, and is scheduled to be completed in 2015. Unit 1 was commissioned in November 2016.
An additional 660 MW unit at Shiliquan-3, unit 2, is proposed (also known as Unit 9). Construction activities at Shiliquan-3 Unit 2 were reported in March 2017. The unit was commissioned in July 2017.
Project Details for Shiliquan-3
- Sponsor: China Huadian
- Location: Shiliquan Village (Shiliquancun), Shizhong District, Zaozhuang Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.814444, 117.573056 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: 2016 (Unit 1), 2017 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "List of major power stations in Shandong," wikipedia, accessed November 2014
- "华电十里泉电厂首台扩建机组获得核准," 国资委网站, 2013-03-26
- "华电国际十里泉发电厂“上大压小” 660MW超超临界扩建工程#8机组顺利完成168小时满负荷试运行," hlfdw.com, Nov 23, 2016
- "华电十里泉电厂“上大压小”第二台扩建机组开展前期工作," 中国华电集团公司 , 2014-12-16
- Juan Lee Chong, "华电十里泉电厂扩建9号机组汽轮机扣缸一次成功," Polaris News Network, 21 March 2017
- "华电国际十里泉发电厂扩建工程9号机组移交商业运行," 中国电建集团核电工程公司, 2017/7/18