Huadian Turpan Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Huadian Turpan power station (华电新疆高昌热电公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station under development in Xinjiang province, China.
The plant is different from the Huadian Turpan power station.
The map below shows Ya‘er Town, the approximate location for the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
In 2014 China Huadian proposed a cogeneration power station of 2 x 350 MW in Turpan prefecture. The feasibility study was released in 2015.
Construction began in November 2015.
Unit 1 was commissioned on December 30, 2020.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: Huadian Xinjiang Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Huadian
- Location: Ya‘er Town, Gaochang, Turpan prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 42.879651,89.167144 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 1), Construction (Unit 2)
- Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Start year: 2020 (Unit 1)
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: