Huaihua Gangue power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaihua Gangue power station (大唐华银电力怀化石煤资源开发公司) is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Hunan Province, China.
The map below shows the location for the plant in Loujiao Village, Xiaojia Town.
Background on Project
The project was permitted by Hunan DRC in June 2015, but due to the shortage of investment and huge debt, the power station project along with other assets was listed to sell on the market in July 2015.
Guoyue Group bought the majority shares of Huaihua Gangue power station and started its construction in December 2015. However, satellite photos from July 2017 to April 2018 show limited progress.
The 13th Energy Five Year Plan (2016-2020) of Hunan province states the power station is planned for completion within the Plan period, however a March 2018 articles states the plant still needs to get necessary permits for construction. In January 2019, the Hunan government said it planned to move forward with the project.
- Sponsor: Datang Hunan Huayin Electric Power
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Loujiao Village, Xiaojia Town, Huitong County, Huaihua Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.068535, 109.901109 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华银电力40亿石煤发电项目曝光", 中国储能网, 2014-1-10
- "华银电力: 关于投资设立大唐华银怀化石煤资源开发有限公司的公告", 中财网, 2012-04-26
- "华银电力1.7亿元挂牌出售怀化石煤项目," 无所不能, 2015年07月21日
- "怀化市会同县石煤资源综合利用发电项目取得突破进展，顺利开工," 湖南省商务公众信息网, 2015-12-29
- "大型石煤发电项目开工," 湖南日报, 2015-12-26
- "湖南能源“十三五”规划：十三五新增风电装机300万千瓦," 国际能源网 徐夷, 2017-09-20
- "湖南省：加快推进在建及已核准待建的大型清洁高效煤电项目建设(全文)," Polaris, March 8, 2018
- "湖南省：加快重大电源建设 推进大唐怀化石煤电厂、神华国华岳阳电厂等前期工作," 湖南省发改委, 2019/8/7