Huaneng Dalian-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Dalian-2 power station (华能大连第二热电厂) is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
An additional 700 MW is proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant at Haimao Street in Ganjingzi District.
Background on Plant
China Huaneng is seeking permitting for 2 x 350 MW supercritical units in Ganjingzi District (Units 3-4) with two 50 MW back-pressure units (Units 1-2). The two 50 MW units were permitted for construction in 2015.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including unit 4 of Huaneng Dalian-2. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. (For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.)
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Haimao Street, Ganjingzi District, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.993019, 121.656412 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Permitted (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 800 MW (Units 1-2: 50 MW, Units 3-4: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-2), Supercritical (Unit 3-4)
- Start year: 2020 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: