Huaneng Fuhai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Fuhai power station (华能新疆阿拉泰福海热电厂) is a proposed 1,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Fuhai County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Altay (Aletai) Prefecture, Ili (Yili) Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Xinjiang Energy Development Co.
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Fuhai County, Altay (Aletai) Prefecture, Ili (Yili) Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 7.215641, 87.7064 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,400 MW (Units 1-4: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "新疆维吾尔自治区六个热电联产项目同时开工建设", 中国政府网, 2011-06-09
- "关于2012年12月拟对建设项目环境影响评价文件作出审批意见的公示", 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2012-12-17
- "关于2012年12月作出的建设项目环境影响评价文件批复和建设项目竣工环境保护验收决定的公告", 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2013-01-05