Huaneng Liaocheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Liaocheng power station (华能聊城电厂) is a 940-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Liaotang Road, Dongchangfu District, Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Liaotang Road, Dongchangfu District, Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China.
The Huaneng Liaocheng thermal power station originally began operating in 1990. However, many plants have been added in retired since then. In order to meet China's new national energy conservation and emission reduction policy, the operating company shut down its first two units ahead of schedule, on December 10, 2007. Units 3 and 4 were shut down on June 24, 2010. With four units still remaining in operation, the plant currently has an annual power generation of about 6 billion kWh and is the thermal plant with the largest heating capacity in Liaocheng. In 2009, the power plant brought in 1.8 billion RMB in revenue.
In 2014, the city of Liaocheng invested in a heating project that connected the Huaneng Liaocheng thermal plant and the Guodian Liaocheng thermal plant to the city, investing around 400 million RMB to build pipeline infrastructure that heats an additional 27 million square meters of urban area.
Emissions and Pollution Control
All units of the company have installed and operated desulfurization systems. In 2009, two cooling water towers were added to the Huaneng Liaocheng thermal plant to save energy; from May to November 2009, after the units of cooling water towers were installed, the plant saved 4 million RMB in costs.
Reportedly, the company intends to shut down units totaling around 600MW to construct another two 1000MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired generating units. There have been no further updates on this specific expansion; however, in 2019, the Shandong Provincial Development and Reform Commission issued a notice approving the Huaneng Liaocheng 2×660MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired cogeneration project, suggesting that the previously planned units had been modified with lower capacities.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Shandong Power Co Ltd 75%; Liaocheng City Credit Union Asset Management Center (聊城市城信社资产管理中心) 25.00%
- Parent company: China Huaneng (75%), Liaocheng City Asset Management (25%)
- Location: Liaotang Road, Dongchangfu District, Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.4685, 115.9117 (exact)
- Coal type: Anthracite and bituminous
- Coal source: Unknown
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 940 MW
- Unit 5: Coal-fired subcritical, 140 MW (start-up in 2002)
- Unit 6: Coal-fired subcritical, 140 MW (start-up in 2003)
- Unit 7: Coal-fired subcritical, 330 MW (start-up in 2002)
- Unit 8: Coal-fired subcritical, 330 MW (start-up in 2003)
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 340 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 55 MW (start-up in 1990)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 55 MW (start-up in 1991)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 115 MW (start-up in 1995)
- Unit 4: Coal-fired subcritical, 115 MW (start-up in 1997)
Articles and Resources
- "华能聊城热电有限公司". Baidu. Retrieved June 1, 2021.
- Qilu Net (October 23, 2014). "聊城投资4亿建两供热工程 新增供热2700万㎡". sd.ifeng. Retrieved June 1, 2021.
- "山东发改委核准华能聊城祥光2×660MW热电联产项目 - 热电联产_北极星电力新闻网". BJX News. April 24, 2019. Retrieved 2021-06-01.
- China (Taiyuan) Coal Trading Center (April 26, 2019). "5月份华能山东电厂山西煤招标价下调-新闻-能源资讯". China 5e. Retrieved June 1, 2021.