Huaneng Shanyin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Shanyin power station (华能山阴煤电一体化项目) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Shanyin County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Shuozhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Project
There were no further developments on the project from 2015 to 2019, likely due to the central government's traffic light policy introduced in 2016, which limited coal plant development in most provinces, including Shanxi. (For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.)
However, the traffic light policy was loosened in 2019. In February 2020 Shanxi was given the green light for coal plant development. The proposal was revived in March 2020, this time as a 4 x 1,000 MW coal plant. Units 1-2 will be built first.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Beizhouzhuang Industrial Park, Shanyin County, Shuozhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.526, 112.816 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development (Units 1-2), Announced (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于对华能山阴2×1000MW超超临界煤电一体化项目贮灰场对神头泉域水环境影响评价报告的批复", 山西省水利厅, 2011-05-25
- "山阴县重点工作目标任务落实以及上级督查中发现问题的整改情况自查报告(一)," Shanyin.gov, 2014-11-10
- "华能山阴电厂2×1000兆瓦超超临界煤电一体化工程," 2014.6.16
- "华能山阴煤电一体化项目2015招聘," 2014-09-24
- "华能山阴发电有限责任公司4*1000MW清洁能源基地外送项目环评报告编制服务采购变更公告," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/3/25
- "华能山西分公司", 中国华能集团公司, 2010-12-08