Guodian Suizhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Suizhou power station (国电长源电力随州发电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Hubei Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built in Zengdu District.
Background on Project
The project was first proposed by China Huaneng, which received environmental clearance in June 2015 for a 1,320 MW coal-fired power station in Suizhou prefecture. Construction was planned for June 2015 and operation for 2017.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Planet satellite photos of the proposed plant location from June 2017 to March 2018 show no signs of construction.
2020: Project revived
Construction began in November 2020.
- Sponsor: Guodian Changyuan Electric Power
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Fanjiachong Village, Xihe Town, Zengdu District, Suizhou Prefecture, Hubei Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.640073, 113.522017 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华能随州电厂6月底开工," 中国火力发电网, 2015-04-20
- "华能随州电厂将于6月底开工 预计2017年7月建成发电," 楚天快报, 2015-04-20
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "长源电力签署随州2×66 万千瓦火电项目开发协议," 中国电力化工网, 2020-01-03
- "国家能源集团随州火电项目（2×660MW）获得核准批复," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/6/29
- "国能长源随州电厂项目开工," 湖北日报, 2020-11-20