Huaneng Tongzhou Bay power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Tongzhou Bay power station (华能南通通州湾发电项目) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the sea area where the plant would be built on an artificial peninsula.
Background on Project
In June 2015, China Huadian proposed a 2 x 1,000 MW coal plant for Tongzhou.
There were no further developments until 2020, when the project was revived by China Huaneng.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Power International Jiangsu Branch
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Tongzhou District, Nantong, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.189728, 121.429 (exact)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: