Huaneng Turpan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Turpan power station (华能吐鲁番发电厂) was a proposed coal-fired power plant under development in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Turpan (Tulufan) Prefecture, the approximate location of the plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
According to Platts, two existing coal-fired units of Huaneng Turpan power station, totaling 1,200 MW, were brought online in 2012, and two more were planned to be completed by 2015. However, there have been no press reports of this project since 2010, it is not mentioned on the Huaneng website, and it cannot be seen in Wikimapia. There is a wind project at the same location in construction. It appears that the coal project has been abandoned.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Turpan (Tulufan) Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 42.951, 89.189 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,400 MW (Units 1-4: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2012 (Units 1 & 2); 2015 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, June 2014. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "新疆加紧电网建设", 国家电网公司, 2010-09-06
- "华能拟投资48亿在吐鲁番建电厂," www.ts.cn, 2010-01-28