Huaneng Xining power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Huaneng Xining power station (华能西宁热电厂一期项目) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Qinghai province, China.
The photo below shows the power station in Xibao Town.
Background on Plant
The proposed power station by China Huaneng and Qinghai SASAC would consist of two units of 350 MW each. The power station began construction in 2014. It is planned for operation in 2015 to 2016.
In 2019 it was reported that all but one coal plant in Qinghai had been mothballed due to competition from renewable energy and low energy demand.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng (80%), Qinghai SASAC (20%)
- Location: Xibao Town, Baozi Village, Huangzhong county, Xining Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.628797, 101.628752 (exact)
- Status: Mothballed
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 and 2: 350 MW)
- Start year: 2015 (Unit 1), 2016 (Unit 2)
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: