Huangling waste coal power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huangling power station (陕煤化黄陵矿业煤矸石热电公司) is a coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the first two phases of the plant in Diantou Town, Huangling County, Yan'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
The photo below shows the plant in Shuanglong Town, Huangling County, Yan'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
Background on Plant
The existing coal-fired units are as follows: Phase I (2 x 15 MW), Phase II (2 x 50 MW), Phase III (2 x 300 MW). Construction is by Northwest Power Construction Group, and the sponsor is Huangling Mining Group Co.
A groundbreaking ceremony celebrating construction of the plant was held in 2008. Construction was halted in 2010 when inspectors with the State Environmental Protection Department found the project had not yet acquired the land required for environmental approval when construction began. Fines for the permit violation were reportedly settled in 2013.
Project Details for Phase III
- Sponsor: Huangling Mining Group Co
- Parent company: Xi'an Jinxuan Investment Management (53%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (47%)
- Location: Shuanglong Town, Huangling County, Yan'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.660349, 108.922901 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1&2: 300 MW)
- In service: 2015
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "黄陵矿业煤矸石发电公司十年发展历程," Shaanxi Coal & Chemical Industry Group, 2013-7-26
- "山西黄陵煤矸石电厂停工2年后获批," bjx.com, March 14, 2013.
- "黄陵矿业2×300MW煤矸石电厂项目顺利取得环评批复", 陕西煤业化工集团有限责任公司, 2014-07-07
- "黄陵矿业建成西北最大煤矸石电厂," 陕西农村报, 2015-08-14