Huarun Cangnan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huarun Cangnan power station (华润电力温州公司苍南发电厂) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China.
The photo below shows the project in Cangnan County, Wenzhou Prefecture, Zhejiang Province.
Background on Project
In June 2014 China Resources was seeking permits to expand the power by station by two ultra-supercritical units of 1,000 MW each.
With no developments on the units since their announcement in June 2014, plans appear cancelled.
- Sponsor: China Resources (55%), Fujian Energy Group (20%), Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (10%), South Asia Energy Investment Company (10%), Wenzhou Electric Power Investment (5%)
- Location: Bacao Town, Pipamen, Cangnan County, Wenzhou Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.4974228, 120.6631851 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: 2014 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: